2 Apr 2008

half way there

Mood/Feeling - Tired, Frustrated
Listening to - The Sleeping - Don't Hold back
I am - just blogging and chattin
rather be - playing guitar heroes with my bros

Alright, I've been on this ship for 1 and a half month already. I've done alot but the problem is, I have done any of my REAL WORK. I don't have a single signature in my record training book. Which is really bad..for being on this ship for more than a month..its really bad. Stuarts' right; "get a fucking initiative zul'. Yes, I've got to. I'm not going anywhere just doing the work and not learning anything. This is FUCKED UP. Seriously, it is. I need to start reading on RULES OF THE ROAD or COLREG. The most important rule is rule 5;

"Every vessel shall at all times maintain a proper lookout by sight and hearing as well as all available means appropriate in the prevailing circumstances and conditions as to make a full appraisal of the situation and of the risk of collision"


Now I have to remember the rules on Distress Signals. Its really long and i haven't started putting it into my head yet. Next I have to understand the lights and buoy systems.

The Familiarization task that was suppose to be done last month..is not done..at all. Deep shit I'm in. I'm going to start asking the second officer to give me a few signatures tomorrow. I must. This looks bad on me for sure. Thanks to my old lazy habits. Opportunities are there. I just need to be more focused and serious in the things I do. Once that's done I have to start doing my task and write my reports.

For bridge watches, I have to make sure that I keep updating my navigation workbook. Its just as important as my Training Record Book. Lastly, I need to answer the questions the third officer keeps asking me. I found some of the answers. I need to find the rest. Have to things back around.

----------------------------

towel - "you wanna get high?"

No comments: