3 Apr 2008

Another day without shore leave

Mood/Feeling - Bored, Nothing to do
Listening to - Senses Fail - Can't be saved
I am - waiting to be called up to bridge for departure
rather be - work out at gym for more than an hour

The ship is still in Sodegaura unfortunately. We arrived yesterday noon. Had the usual watch from 8am-12pm with the Third Officer and the two captains. Like always during departure or arrival at port, there's more pressure. In Japan, I have to plot radar or visual bearings every 6 minutes, where else upon arrival at Lumut, I have to take radar and visual bearings every 3 minutes the closer we are to berth. Which means, I have find a known object around the ship that is on the chart, take the visual bearing of it, take the range of the object from the radar, plot it on the charts and write down the bearings and range into the log book. Quite a lot of work if you did for around 3 hours, cause thats what happened. I may only be a Cadet but I would loved to be given the responsibility such as that of the third officer. I do more my work more seriously that way. But the problem is I need to cool down. Like what the chief mate said.ahahahaha

After all the moorings are done, the fibre optics and cargo pipes are connected, cargo operations may begin and ballasting along with it. I wasn't going for shore leave this time cause I wanted to take leave later at Lumut. So I expected to be called up at the CCR (Cargo Control Room) to help the chief with cargo operations. I was actually excited to get to work surprisingly. But then, the chief told me that I'm not required cause he wanted to test the new cadet who just signed on to this ship. Felt upset cause I was just a first trip cadet. and the other guy was having his 2nd trip now.So I decided to just go away and continue chatting with illa and blogging..which I fucked up later after that :s so couldn't post a new entry

Right now, I'm in Akin's room waiting for orders from the chief. We're still in Japan. We couldn't leave port due to bad weather conditions.Guess thats about it..later

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Owh yeah, Akin decided to iron my hair since its always messy and most of the officers are complaining about it. here ;)


No comments: