15 Aug 2008

so typical

Yesterday was another display of why I don't like my fellow country men, the common ones. There's always this hostile and disrespectful attitude. Be it in the work place, at school or a hang out..

Whenever a foreigner tells them somethings, could be an order or just trying to start a joke, they don't like it..it pisses them off. At the end, they will always say "Cari kelahi ia ani, alum ia kenal orang BRUNEI" or something like that. It's that last bit of the sentence that I find really depressing. It's giving an impression that WE (Bruneians) are like this. The SAMSENG attitude. Fuckers think they own the world or something. It makes US look bad. I hate it.

Another would be the problem of showing respect, yesterday during the Mooring Briefing, a fellow Bruneian was clearly showing how disrespectful to the Chief Officer, who was an Indian..a muslim indian..Whenever he was stressing about safety (Which is what I like about Shell honestly), he keep saying "Whatever lah!!", "Not my problem lah", "I don't care wah"..all that -.- and talking this way to the Chief Officer?! the C/O is 2nd in command on the deck side. I was furious at the time. Being a cadet, I haven't the slightest authority to talk back at him. I mean, the C/O may be a foreigner, he's quite a nice guy. Indians are nice people actually. They're not as hostile as the guy I just mentioned.

I'm really glad that majority of my friends don't have this sort of attitude. Very Thankful for that. I'd stay away from them if they did. I'm not really close to anyone with such attitude towards the other race. I find it unacceptable, disgraceful..especially to our country. It's already bad enough as it is.

cheers..

No comments: